David Crockett High School:
- Founded in 1968, our school was named after David "Davy" Crockett, whose influence and standing are profound in the State of Texas. Crockett left his mark in many areas: pioneering, politics, wars and as an author. The Battle of the Alamo is probably what he is most famous for as he led a group of volunteers from Tennessee to help the Texans in their fight for freedom.
- Crockett was named a National Outstanding High School by High Schools That Work in July of 2011.
- Now in our fifth year of Redesign, Crockett has been recognized as a model for Standards-Based grading and curriculum.
- Our Career and Technology courses offer articulated classes and cerifications so that students can graduate ready to work in their field while they pursue post-secondary educations.
- University of Texas Dual Credit Program expands to 3 subjects (Calculus, English, Chemistry) in 2013.
- Creation of Einstein Program in 2012.
- Students are enrolled at Austin Community College as they gain dual credit and credit in escrow for their future educational endeavors.
- The courtyard is frequently the site of assemblies and pep rallies to recognize both athletic and academic achievement.
- Creation of The Entrepreneurship Program in 2013.