The Early College High School program is open to any student that meets the eligibility criteria listed on the What is ECHS? page.
- After submitting application, student(s) must meet college ready requirements in Reading and Writing.
- If a student does not meet college-ready requirements, he/she will be enrolled in a college readiness class (if schedule permits) or participate in TSI tutorials, and have the opportunity to enroll in college courses the following spring.
- Students are required to participate in a summer bridge program where they receive classes in college readiness, reading, writing, and college ready test preparation. Students who meet the college-ready requirements during the summer bridge can register to begin college classes in the Fall semester. Applicants must contact Ms. McClain if there is a conflict for summer bridge.
To apply students must submit:
- The online application in the "Apply Now" link on the next page OR a hard copy available in the Crockett Main Office.
- A two page essay over one of the topics provided in Ms. Crawford's letter in the "How to Apply" link below.
- Signed Student Expectations and Parent Expectations provided upon receipt of ECHS application.
If you have questions about the Early College High School program at David Crockett High School, contact: Ann McClain Phone: 512 414-7808 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org